Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Franken Tuesday! Lady Edith Crawley

So, if you have been keeping up with the blog, you know that I recently made 10 franken polishes of my own and promised to show you them. Here is the first installment of the aftermath of the project, which will come on Tuesdays!
 
Frankens are really fun to make and as you will soon discover, mine were inspired by and named after some of the characters of my favorite shows and movies.
 
The first of the ten was inspired by Lady Edith Crawley on Downton Abbey
 
 
 
Lady Edith gets a bad rap in my opinion. No one likes her! However, she happens to be my favorite Crawley sister. She looks for love in all the wrong places, tries her best to be independent, and loves new styles.
 
 
This is how the polish turned out! Click past the jump to see detailed pics!
 

 
I was inspired by the pastels Edith wears and the color of her hair. This mix has hexagonal white matte glitter, large square matte baby pink glitter, gold hex glitter and gold bar glitter in a clear suspension base.
 
 
Here is Lady Edith Crawley layered over Julep's Sally, which is a yellow-ish cream that went well with the gold and pink.
 
 
In regards to Julep's Sally, here is a quick review. The texture on this is weird...I tried to apply two thin coats but the formula is so thick that didn't happen...and it took an hour and a half to dry, which is really unacceptable. Julep's formulations have been hit or miss lately. This is from their February Maven box. Cool color (although it clashes a bit on my rosy skin tone) but bad formula.
 
 
I think this polish is demure enough for any fancy dinner party occasion. It doesn't scream glitter, but it is girly and one of my favorites that I made.
 
What do you think of my first franken? Excited to see the other 9? Would you wear this? Do you watch Downton?
 
 

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!