Monday, February 25, 2013

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Mascara

Again...my mascara hunt continues...
 
I think I am getting closer to what I want in the drugstore realm though. Check it out!
 
 

Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lengthening Mascara in Blackest Black. For about $8, this mascara claims to last 24 hours, and be tear, sweat, and humidity proof. It needs dual phased makeup remover at the end of the day.
 

 
 
This is for someone who wants length and a tiny bit of volume. What I like about this mascara is that the formula is dry, drier than most I have tried so it is easy to layer and you get no smudges with very little wait time. The con to that is it makes your lashes look a little unhealthy. I like the very long packaging and the thin brush, you can really get the small little lashes.
 
 
Here it is with two coats on my eye. I like the color and the lengthening. This is a good everyday mascara without a lot of drama. It looks natural and is easy to apply. I did not test it for 24 hours because I do not sleep in my mascara, but I have been having terrible allergies and it did not run or smear, so it is tear proof. Good staying power.
 
 
The formula is very different and that makes it easy for me to do my mascara and eyeshadow without waiting around forever. I do wish it did more for my lashes though.
 
Price: 8/10
Performance: 9/10
Color/Wearability: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Overall Quality: 8/10

Total: 44/50 = B+ = Pleased Panda
 
Have you tried this? Any drugstore mascara faves?

 


4 comments:

  1. Im always on a mascara hunt as well:) This one makes your lashes look great. xx

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm I need more volume in my mascaras, but you're lucky to have pretty great lashes to begin with! Think this looks quite good on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! Yep...almost there but not quite!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!