Monday, February 4, 2013

Maybelline the Rocket Volum' Express Mascara: Review

I swear Maybelline mascara packaging is the craziest ever! In a cute way.
 
 

Maybelline the Rocket Volum' Express mascara claims to give clump free, 8x volume in "rocket time". It has a plastic wand with short, evenly spaced bristles and comes in a tapered metallic blue tube with pink writing. It retails for about $7 and this shade is Brownish Black.


 
Here is a close-up of the brush before the mascara got into it. Because the bristles are so short, apply to lashes with lots of wiggling from root to tip.
 
I actually found that this gave me hardly any volume at all! And no where near close to the 8x claimed. However, hope is not all lost. The brush on this is superb for definition, separation, and lengthening. Great mascara, just marketed wrong. This is for someone looking for a dramatically piecy lash look.
 
 
Here is my eye up close with one coat of the Rocket Volum' in Brownish Black. Lots of separation and definition that is pretty and glossy, but no volume. Also, when removed comes off in chunks.
 
 
I am not in love with this mascara, but it doesn't irritate my eyes and I will reach for it on days that I am feeling more natural makeup or something easy and low-key.
 
Price: 8/10

Performance: 5/10 (Based on volume claim)

Color/Wearability: 10/10

Packaging: 10/10

Overall Quality: 8/10
 
Total: 41/50 = B- = Disappointed Panda
 
Tried? Love? Hate? What is your fave mascara at the moment?
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I bought the water proof version of this mascara and really didnt get on with it. I want volume and it just didnt cut it. Another great review:)

    Sara x
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Misleading! Thanks for reading love!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!