Saturday, February 2, 2013

Rimmel BB Cream: Swatch and Review

Okay...so I have to admit I HATE the whole BB cream trend. I mean, beauty balm that has absolutely no coverage? I might as well walk out of the house with a clean face. That is why I love this BB cream so much...actual pigments!!
 
 
 
Rimmel's BB Cream in Light is a 9 in 1 perfecter that supposedly primes, moisturizes, minimizes pores, conceals, mattifies, smoothes, covers, brightens, and protects. Whew! It also has a 25 SPF and because of that, has an expiration date. It is 1 fl oz and retails for $7.
 
 
 
It has Avobenzone, Octinoxate, Octisalate, and Octocrylene as active sunscreens. Avoid if allergic.
 
 

Spread a dime-sized amount on your face and rub in like a sun-screen until it has disappeared.
 
 
This is for anyone as skeptical of BB creams as I was! This is also for anyone that is looking for a BB cream with actual coverage at an amazing pricepoint and it will not oxidate! (At least it didn't on me!) 

 
The above picture has the Rimmel BB cream applied all over my face.
 
 
Basically, I highly recommend this.
 
Let's go through the 9 claims:
 
Primes: Yep, does a nice job with this...my blush went on smoothly.
Moisturizes: The creamy formula reduced some dry patches on my cheeks.
Minimizes Pores: Kinda, not super noticeable.
Conceals: Concealed acne scars!
Covers: Clearly, more like a foundation than a traditional BB
Smoothes: Not significantly, but yes.
Mattifies: NO. This has a dewy finish.
Brightens: Yes, I think it had a nice glow
Protects: Against what? I don't know...
 

 
Price: 10/10

Performance: 9/10

Color/Wearability: 9/10

Packaging: 10/10

Overall Quality: 9/10

Total: 47/50 = A = Happy Panda!
 
Do you like the BB cream trend?

 

4 comments:

  1. I have almost bought this on my last 2 drugstore trips. Thanks for the review lovely I may need to give it a go:)

    Sara x
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will be pleased with it! Glad to help!

      Delete
  2. I have nearly bought this a few time now, but didn't know how we'll it would work.
    That for the review think I will invest now!
    Rachael x

    beautyin1place.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty awesome I am wearing it today again and love it!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!