Sunday, March 24, 2013

Polish, Pages, and Pretties: Zoya PixieDust in Godiva

Happy Polish, Pages, and Pretties Day Pandas! Whew, that was a lot of 'P' words!
 
I am so excited to show off the new PixieDust formula!

 
Here is two coats of the new Zoya PixieDust formula in Godiva holding an awesome book-- The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan.

 
I have been wanting to get my hands on one of these in a while and the best way I can describe it is like champagne bubbles! This is such a pretty beige/neutral with the PixieDust finish which basically looks like you are wearing sparkling very fine sand on your nails.
 
 
Do not put a top coat on this if you want to see the effect! However, it does look pretty with one as well. It may be counter-intuitive to not finish with a top coat, but trust me the results are worth it.
 
 
I like the PixieDust formula a little bit more than O.P.I's liquid sand because it has more sparkly and feels less rough on the fingers. This retails for $8 at Ulta and comes in a few more gorgeous shades.
 
 
Now, about this book! I wanted to take pictures of this particular polish with this book because these nails are a edgy take on the classic neutral, just as this book came along and fought against the 50's housewife stigma. I think everyone should read it...but if you aren't interested, at least you have physically seen it so now you know what they are talking about in "Ten Things I Hate About You" haha :)
 
Hope you liked this weeks polish. Have you read the book? Let me know!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!