Monday, March 11, 2013

Maybelline FITme! Blush in Deep Rose: Review

I am trying to get more into blush, I really am. All of my fellow beauty bloggers inspire me to do so, but I want a dark, wine colored blush to pop against my pale skin. Is that too much to ask?
 
Apparently it is. Find out why...
 
 
I have always been interested in Maybelline's FITme! line, and I thought that Deep Rose would be well, a deep rose. Names are so misleading!
 
 
The packaging was rather nice. A large pan of blush and a mini brush. For $6, I can live with that.
 
 
I ran my finger over the pan a few times and this is the color I picked up. Nice....
 
 
This is what I got. My skin tone was toned down in photoshop so you could see the color. In normal daylight, after literally SCRAPING into the pan and patting it on...I got nothing. Nothing. This was the best I could manage. A sheer coral-ish glow. Not Deep Rose, that is for sure.
 
 
I am really disappointed. I do not know who this blush would look good on, and it really is too much work.
 
Price: 9/10
Performance: 4/10
Color/Wearability: 2/10
Packaging: 9/10
Overall Quality: 4/10

Total: 28/50 = F = Sobbing Panda
 
Have you tried anything from the FITme! Line? Love it or leave it?

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Try Wet n Wild, Rimmel or ULTA brand they have some deep wines and very inexpensive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!