Saturday, March 30, 2013

L'Oreal Color Riche Balms from the Versailles Romance Collection

As you may have heard from my Panda-monium Monday post, I was really excited for the L'Oreal Versailles Romance collection for Spring 2013. When I saw the set-up, I had to pick up some of the Color Riche balms and some nail polishes (post coming soon!)

 
I know everyone is buzzing about that blue. I KNEW it would be a flop, but you know what? I bought it anyway! The blue is called Sundays by the Seine and the pink is Come by My Window. Both are so pretty and pastel-y in the tube, and of course the fancy Color Riche tube is luxe in itself, very worthy of Marie Antoinette and Versailles. These retail for around $8 each.


They are truly very pretty and would be conversation pieces when pulled out of a purse. Or really cute for a "Is it a boy or girl?" baby shower as favors. Am I right?
 
Yeah, thats about all these are good for...

 
The blue is swatched on the right, the pink on the left. As I expected, the blue is just a clear balm. The pink is very sheer and baby pink, but neither showed up on my lips other than a shiny slick of balm. Meh.

 
Here you can see the pink a bit better in flash, but the blue is pretty invisible.
 
All in all, good formula as expected of the Color Riche balms, pretty packaging, and cute concept, but there are cheaper balm alternatives. I won't be purchasing more, but I will leave the decision up to you.
 
Have you tried this? Love or hate?
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I really liked Sundays, but not so much Window. It makes me look like I have pink zinc oxide on, lol. Very cute idea, handing these out as baby shower gifts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!