Today is really important. Firstly, because it is my first day experimenting with makeup and my new red hair. Secondly, it is Gary Oldman's birthday...my ultimate British celeb crush and genuinely awesome guy. So, here is my OOTD and FOTD to celebrate!
Here is your cheat sheet for my look today.
1) Clinique Perfectly Real Makeup in Shade 01 (N). $26. I patted this all over my face and pressed it in with warm fingers. The consistency is drier, so this method works for me.
2) NYX Are You DepEYEved Mascara $8 and NYX Natural Palette $7. I used the lightest shade in the palette all over my eye and contoured with the middle tan shade and the light grey shade. One coat of mascara on my top and bottom lashes.
3) M.A.C. Pearl Blossom Beauty Powder from the Barbie collection (oldie but goodie, shopping the stash here).
4) Revlon PhotoReady pressed translucent powder in shade 001. $8. I blotted this with a big kabuki brush all over my face to set foundation and blush.
5) Neutrogena Skinclearing Blemish Concealer in Fair. $7. I dotted this on two trouble spots and blotted again with the powder.
6) To conceal my dark circles I used Clinique All About Eyes concealer in 01 Light Neutral (the match for my foundation although it does pull more yellow) $16. I used a concealer brush to pat this under my eyes.
7) Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser $10 went on top of the concealer to airbrush and add the protective benefits and the Vitamin C to keep my eyes looking bright all day.
8) Babylips Peach Kiss to balance out my look with nude/peach hydration.
9) The final step was lining my eyes with Sephora Flashy Liner in Flashy Ultra Green. $12. Pantone's shade of the year--emerald! I think it goes well with the red hair and doesn't make me look like too much of a leprechaun!
Just a light, thick line on my upper lid with a very small wing-out did the trick!
Here is the foundation, beauty powder, and babylips at work!
And here is the whole look including my awesome shirt (hence my OOTD, or half of it anyway) the many faces of Gary Oldman. You can buy your own at Society6.com (I am not affiliated and I bought this with my own money). It is really cool because it has everything from Sid Vicious to Jim Gordon! I also wore my Sirius Black necklace from Etsy, all to celebrate his B-Day!
So happy birthday to the flawless Gary, and I hope you enjoyed this FOTD and sneak peek at my cool shirt!