Friday, March 29, 2013

My Foundation Routine

Hey Pandas! Today is about my two life-saving products that give me a flawless base everyday.


On the left is NYX Photo-Loving Primer ($10) and on the right is Clinique Perfectly Real Makeup in Shade 01 (N) ($26).

 
I have already mentioned the Clinique foundation in a lot of my FOTD posts, but a quick recap: It is makeup for those of you who want a medium coverage, skin-looking makeup. My face is thankfully blemish free on most days (thanks to my skincare routine) but I do suffer from blackheads, acne scars, and general lack of luster. This foundation fixes those things, is so lightweight, and blendable but on the drier side as I have oily skin. I recommend it if you are oily or t-zone oily, don't like a heavy look, and want something that will not make you break out.
 
This NYX primer is new to my arsenal. This is supposed to not give you strange aura if photographed and it works with that. It is clear and gel like and smooths easily onto the skin. It is cruelty-free but full of silicones. I was wary of that at first because EVERY primer I have tried with silicone breaks me out like nothing else. I have been using this for a while now and no breakouts. But if you have the same irritation, be cautious and do a patch test for a few days.
 
Other than that, this primer is great. It extends my Clinique foundation wear by 3-4 hours and kept my skin matte and flawless through a particularly stressful and trying first date...and to me, that is a good indicator of a product under pressure and performing well!
 
 
Here are some swatches so you can see the consistency of the primer (clear) the foundation unblended and then lightly spread out. It looks slightly yellow here, but is a true neutral base.
 
I hope you guys enjoyed this post. If you want to see a run-down of my skin care routine, just let me know!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!