Wednesday, March 6, 2013

NYX Natural Palette: Swatches and Review

We all know that Urban Decay's Naked palettes are the industry standard right now when it comes to nude shades. Most brands have tried their hand at a copycat, and a lot of cheaper brands have as well. NYX is a brand I love and feature a lot here because they are relatively inexpensive, good quality, and cruelty-free. They recently released a natural palette. Let's see how it fares!

 

This is the NYX Natural Palette which retails for about $8, and features 6 decently sized shadows in matte and shimmer finishes along with a dual ended sponge brush.
 

I personally do not have any of the Naked Palettes, but this is for a girl who is looking for something similar on a budget (like myself). Easy to travel with and good for everyday looks. Now let us proceed to the swatches!
 
 
The far right shadow is a creamy white, basically matte in nature. The middle shadow is a true cream shimmer. The third shadow is a nude that leans slightly pink, also matte.

 
These first three shades were hard to capture. My skin is so pale and the first and third shades blend right in. They are pigmented, but will not give you much color. They are good to smooth out any discoloration on the eyelid and proceed from there. The middle shade is really nice and is a good brow bone shade.
 
The shade on the right is a yellow-based nude shimmer. The middle shade is a medium brown shimmer that leans slightly pink. The far right shadow is a dark brown. It appears to have some shimmer in the packaging, but swatches matte.

 
These were the better performers of the 6 and are good colors to have on hand. As far as the entire palette goes, you can create a very light look with the first three shadows, or a night look with the last three. Or combine to your heart's content.
 
 
Unfortunately, I am not sure who this would work best for overall, as far as skin tones go. I am very pale and the last three shades look great on me, but the first three really do not add much color. I could see the lighter shades possibly working better on other skin tones, but you will have to try it and see! Overall, I like this palette. I do not have the UD sets to compare to, but the quality is here and the price is right.
 
Price: 9/10
Performance: 9/10
Color/Wearability: 8/10
Packaging: 9/10
Overall Quality: 9/10

Total: 44/50 = B+ = Pleased Panda
 
What do you think of this palette? Will you check it out or do you have enough neutrals in your stash?

 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't bought NYX shadows in a while but was browsing on ULTA today. I probably wouldn't get this one because of so many light shades. Still deciding what I will actually buy from their new stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!