Wednesday, March 27, 2013

NYX Love in Florence: Eat, Love, Be Fab

As you already know I kinda adore the NYX Love in Paris Palettes, and I adore the Love in Florence ones as well! I really think the name of this is cool (I am a sucker for a good name) as I think it is a play off of 'Eat, Pray, Love'.
 
 
The Love in Florence Palettes retail for less than the Paris ones because they have less colors and less product, landing them at $6.99. This color combo is called Eat, Love, Be Fab and has a earthy mix of greens, browns, and a pop of coral.
 
 
It also comes with a small sponge applicator. I think the bottom two color strips are kinda awkward to get into, but I can see the design concept.
 
 
Once again, I love that NYX is cruelty-free and cheap while still producing good products. No, these aren't as pigmented as Urban Decay, but they are better than ELF, Coastal Scents, and even most drugstore brands for such a great price.
 
 
I was actually really impressed with the pigmentation of the top three colors. The left color is a sparkly warm toned caramel. The middle is a pink/coral shade with gold sparkle, and could double as a blush in a jam. The right shade is a matte brown which I was really impressed with. These are all very light swatches over no primer.
 
 
The bottom two were less impressive, but the green is still pretty and wearable! You could do this as a whole wash of color because it is so light and has gold sparkle. The dark brown was a mess, though. It had very little pigmentation. But four out of five is good with me!
 
 
I am in Love in Florence as well! These are good neutrals and would be great for a weekend trip. Just stash it in your bag and go!
 

Price: 8/10
Performance: 8/10
Color/Wearability: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Overall Quality: 9/10
 
Total: 44/50 = B+ = Happy Panda!
 
What do you think? Cute little palette or not worth it?

 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Very Purdy. Target is opening tmr right across the street from my home and Im definitely checking out the NYX section:) xx

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh that is dangerous! Can't wait to see what you haul!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!