Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Love Affair with Louis

I have a few of the new NYX Love in Paris palettes, and I really do love them! You have to check them out!

 
This is the NYX Love in Paris palette in Love Affair with Louis. It is a blue toned palette in a sleek black case with a bow closure. Adorable! This is $10, and has 9 shadows, which is a great deal if you break it down!

 
I am a sucker for themed palettes, or collections. So naturally, I love this. I love the name and how Louis XVI is synonymous with this blue tone. The whole time period seems to be just swathed in these shades, and I love it!
 
 
The shades: (Top left to bottom right) A light mint shimmer, a Cinderella-esque blue, a grey-toned blue shimmer, a frosty white, a teal, a light ocean blue with light blue sparkly, a true silver, a royal blue, a shimmery black.
 
 
Here are all the shades on my hand. They kind of go in order and then I just tried to make them fit. But they are all pretty decently pigmented for the price. This is with no primer, but they wear so much brighter with primer.
 
 
I am definitely having a Love Affair with Louis. Thanks NYX! Remember, these are cruelty free as well. Great palette to provide you with all the blues you would ever need! However, people may be intimidated by blues and these aren't for everyday, so it makes this a splurge.
 
Price: 9/10
Performance: 8/10
Color/Wearability: 8/10
Packaging: 10/10
Overall Quality: 8/10

Total: 43/50 = B = Pleased Panda!
 
I LOVE this palette, but the blues are hard to wear except for accents, so this isn't a must unless you just can't keep your grabby hands away!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!