Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Nude Doesn't Have to Mean Boring

I have been on the hunt for a good nude shadow for a while. If you remember, there were many duds in the 'Dark Shadows Crimson Amulet NYX Palette'. I gave my beloved NYX another chance with their single matte shadows.


This is a nude beige. It is completley matte and called 'Lap Dance' which I just love. Their entire collection of mattes are named funny/dirty things like that. I love a good name.


For $4, these are affordable as a staple. They have a ton of other colors (20 ish in total) but I wanted something as a soft base and highlight color.


You can see it is matte, for sure. A little on the less pigmented side, but still workable. What I liked was that this wasn't powdery and actually gives some color.

You can see the color here a little bit better. Sure, it isn't the craziest color, but it is a great staple from a reliable brand and it performs decently.

Matte is lovely.

Final Thoughts: Nice basic, tounge-in-cheek name. Good price.

Price: 10/10
Staying Power: 9/10
Packaging: 7/10
Color/Wearability: 10/10
Quality/Branding: 9/10

Total: 45/50 = A- = Pleased Panda

Have any other suggestions for matte shadows? I would love to hear them!

xo PrettyPanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!