Monday, June 4, 2012

Lady Bug Jane Chapsticks

Lady bugs are really summery, right? I have great memories of playing in my backyard and looking for the little bugs to make wishes on as they flew away.

I happened to be given two 'Lady Bug Jane Flavor Balms' recently and wanted to try them out for a review!

Having no idea who Lady Big Jane was, I decided to investigate, and found her to be an animated children's character created to make kids aware of being eco-friendly. Cool. You can see her here.

The two flavors I received were Vanilla Cupcake and Sweet Strawberry. They retail for $3.99 each and are clear, colorless balms.


These may seem like nothing special right now...but here is what the website lists about them:

They are:

Gluten free
Nut Free
Have no petroleum
Are organic
Fair trade and cruelty free
Have a natural SPF
No dyes, no cetyl alcohol
Paraben and Phathalate free
Have no oxy-benzone
Non-toxic
Made in the USA


As you can see, they are colorless. The smells are pretty incredible though. Not too sugary or fake. Just yummy. They lasted about an hour and a half on my lips and are so moisturizing.

Final Thoughts:

Price: 7/10
Staying Power: 8/10
Packaging: 9/10
Color/Wearability: 9/10
Quality/Branding: 10/10

Total: 43/50 = B = Pretty Panda

If you are interested in these balms, buy some here! I think they are a great product to get behind and support. If you click that link, be aware that I do not get any compensation from it, and I was not paid for this review.

What is the best 'indie' chapstick you have tried?

xoxo PrettyPanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!