Monday, June 4, 2012

And the Legend Comes to an End...

Hey lovelies!

Well, today marks my last bit about the little Essence collection I've been reviewing. I am wrapping it up with an interesting lipstick.

This is the 'Legends of the Sky' lipstick in 02 Flying Higher. It is a creamy white base with purple and pink shimmer. It retails for $1.99. When I saw it at the store, my mind went "White lipstick? You know this is going to look gross right Margo? Oh well" and I bought it anyway.
The packaging is gorgeous. It comes in a little copper bullet and it honestly looks like a gun shell casing. I am sure there is a simpler way to describe that, but that will have to do.


This was so hard to photograph! It looks like concealer on my arm. I was not impressed right away.

See what it looks like on my lips after the break...


Um...yeah. About that. I think Essence had good intentions with this lipstick. It could be a shimmery, highlighty awesome stick of awesome. But instead, it clumps and settles into all of my dry bits and makes me look goopy.

This may work for you if you want to spend a half hour scrubbing all of the flakies off of your lips, but I do not have time for a colorless high-maintenance lip stick.

Final Thoughts:

Price: 10/10
Staying Power: 6/10
Packaging: 10/10
Color/Wearability: 2/10
Quality/Branding: 7/10

Total: 35 = C = Panda is Meh.

Would you give this a go? The collection has a bronze lipstick that in hind-sight I should have gotten instead, but this oddball color had me wondering!

xoxo PrettyPanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!