Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Good Luck with 'Green Fortune'

Hey readers!

I have been hearing a lot about the greatness that is Milani's new(er) baked eye shadows. I really wanted to try them out for myself and see if the hype was warranted.

The color I picked was "Green Fortune" which is a marbelized mish-mash of jade, light pink, and gold. Super pretty and unique.


There is also a little blue in the mix too. They retail for around $6.99 a pop depending on what store you get them from and I think the price is worth it. You get .05 oz of product, which isn't bad. This will last me forever!


The Milani baked shadows come packaged in these not-quite-circular pots with a curved double-sided brush. TOTALLY un-useful. Who wants to hold a curvy brush to put eye shadow on with? Not this girl.

Swatched after the cut!



The packaging says you can use these wet or dry (like most baked shadows). Here it is swatched dry, one pass on my hand. The color is pretty, very understated. A light green with a gray cast.


Wet, the color is much more intense. The green is vibrant, smokey, and the gold shimmer is more visible. Different look, but pretty.
As you can see from this picture, the color is very true-to-pan. I am in love with this color. I think it is perfect for summer, it reminds me of a lagoon or something tropical.

Overall Thoughts:

Price: 8/10
Staying Power: 9/10 (lasted 8 hours with primer)
Packaging: 6/10 (brush is terrible, sorry Milani)
Color/Wearability: 10/10
Quality/Branding: 9/10

Total: 42/50 = B = Pretty Panda

I think this is a good staple for any eye shadow collection. Good greens are hard to find! I want to check out the other colors soon! If you have, let me know what you think.

xoxo PrettyPanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!