Thursday, June 28, 2012

Revlon Rendezvous

I am scared of the color orange. I have recently dipped my toe into the "Pantone Color of the Year Pool" by wearing the color on my nails, but that was as far as I had gone...until now.

Revlon 'Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain' in Rendezvous is a pretty tangerine color. I decided to just take a leap of faith and try it out, because it is the hot summer color and all that jazz.

I was mostly interested in this product because of its resemblance to those cute Clinique chubby sticks that I have been eyeing. This is a cheaper version. It comes in a twist up tube that is sharpened like a fat crayon. Love.

This baby is $7. There are many more colors, and it is a mix between a lipstick and a colored balm. The 'Twilight' font on it is a little gimmicky though.

See swatches after the jump!



Hearts on hearts on hearts. This is sheer-ish but fresh. There is a slight minty smell that reminds me of the Tarte version of these.


YAY! It is flattering. Not too orange, but different and fresh. Summery. Unique. I like.


Me being silly :) But it is a good pic of how the color looks in natural light. This lasts about 2 hours on me, but leaves my lips quenched. Pretty standard for a balm with color. Very comfortable.

Final Thoughts: Check these out! I love this color, and the formula.

Price: 9/10
Staying Power: 9/10
Packaging: 9/10
Color/Wearability: 10/10
Quality/Branding: 10/10

Total: 47/50 = A = Panda Approved!

Have you tried these? Are you loving or leaving the orange 'color of the year' thing?

xo PrettyPanda

2 comments:

  1. YES. I just finished one of my MAC lipsticks that looked a lot like this color, and I'm not buying from Estee Lauder companies anymore because they animal test (or actually, always had in China and Japan and were recently forced to disclose it in the US and EU), so... dupe? I hope so. Although I'm not so much into oranges or corals anymore. Just nudes and reds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hope it can be a dupe for you. It may not be a color many people get a lot of wear out of though. It isn't exactly a classic. But it is a plus that Revlon doesn't test on animals :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!