Thursday, November 15, 2012

Wet N Wild: Drinking A Glass Of Shine

The second Wet n Wild holiday shadow collection I was able to get my hands on was 'Drinking a Glass of Shine'...did I have as much luck with this one? We shall see...

I thought this one looked interesting because it is mattes! But mattes are certainly hard to pull off...

The first four shades on the left are a matte white (browbone), a matte dull green (eyelid), a slightly less dull ocean blue (crease), and a plum/purple (definer).

None of these are very pigmented, but I guess that was to be expected from a matte Wet N Wild $5.99 palette. But usually Wet n Wild blows me away with their pigmentation!

Maybe I am just being a bit picky...after all, I would only use most of these as crease colors anyway and build them up. They apply smoothly, but do get patchy once on the skin.

To see the other half of the shadows...click the jump!



These shadows are a light matte nude (browbone), a orangey clay color (eyelid), a deep cocoa (crease) and a matte black (definer). This side of the palette did not fair much better.

As you can see (even though this isn't the most clear picture) they look faded and cloudy. That is because they are! Hard to apply and need a ton of layering.

Well, Wet n Wild can't have a hit all the time I guess. Oh well!

Final Thoughts: Skip this, as cute as it looks!

Price: 8/10
Packaging: 8/10
Staying Power: 7/10
Wearability: 4/10
Quality/Branding: 6/10
 
Total: 33/50 = D = Sad Panda!!
 
Are you as disappointed with this palette as I am? Do tell!
 
xoxo PrettyPanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!