Sunday, November 4, 2012

L'ORÉAL Power Volume 24 Hour Mascara

So, I've been recently on the hunt for a new mascara (aren't we all always?) I love my current mascara (Mally) but I've had it for three months and it is time to throw it away.

I found a quick replacement at Ulta-- LORÉAL Power Volume 24 hour mascara in Blackest Black caught by eye for $8.99.

 
I love the tube! Sleek and opens with the slightest of satisfying clicks! This mascara says it has collagen spheres to help plump lashes. It is supposed to give 15x more impact, last for a full day, and not flake, smudge or smear. So how does it do?
 
 
The brush is pretty big, but not overly ridiculous. I do like that is more 'fuzzy' than say those plastic Covergirl ones. It has a slight curve and a pointy tip for smaller lashes.
 
 
I always go for Blackest Black mascara, but the swatch was a little dingy dark grey for me.
 
 
These are my completely naked eyes so you can see what the mascara does.
 
 
Not bad eh? Decent separation and volume and a much blacker color than the swatch. I am not sure about the whole collagen thing, but the formula was comfortable, did not flake or smudge--so they nailed that claim. As far as 24 hour wear? My eyes can't stand to wear makeup that long, so that will have to be judged by someone else.
 
Final Thoughts: Great mascara, but not my Holy Grail. You be the judge, does it look like it does what you need in a mascara? I am happy with it, but I still believe 24 hour claims are dumb.
 
Price: 8/10
Staying Power: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Color/Wearability: 10/10
Quality/Branding: 9/10
 
Total: 46/50 = A- = Happy Panda
 
xox PrettyPanda
 
 


2 comments:

  1. lol mascara claims these days. pffft I mean honestly...

    that said, I think this looks really good on you! Look at those gorgeous lashes wouldya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they are getting downright ridiculous, what is next...1,000 x volume and 67 hour staying power? c'mon...haha

      but thank you!!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!