Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Essence Breaking Dawn 2 Collection: Alice Had a Vision Again

So I normally am not a fan of Twilight and the franchise. Sometimes I hate it as much as Robert Pattinson does, but I did see the final film to wrap up my high school nostalgia for it and I have to say it was well done.

Initially, it wasn't the film that drew me to (what was left of) the collection at Ulta. I just love themed collections in general--especially if they have to do with a movie. At Essence's price points, I bought every single remaining piece of it!

There were a few color themes within the collection as a whole, which is still available at Ulta and ranges from $1.99-5.99, and the one pertaining to Alice Cullen is purple.

 
I love Alice. She is fun and super stylish, so it makes sense that this vampy looking lipgloss would belong to her. It is named Alice Had a Vision Again and costs $2.49.
 
 
The doe foot applicator is helpful and the smell is sugary, but the color? Not exactly vampy. Closer to the color on the above picture than the tube itself. It is a sheer grape jelly color with tons of blue sparkle.

 
A lot more wearable than a deep vampy purple, but a little dissapointing. This can totally amp up another shade though...so it is not a total loss!

Final Thoughts: Love the name, but the color falls flat.

Price: 10/10
Staying Power:9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Color/Wearability: 5/10
Quality/Branding: 9/10
 
Total: 43/50 = B = Marginally Pleased Panda
 
More of the Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 Essence Collection to come! Stay tuned!
 
xoxo PrettyPanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!