Wednesday, April 17, 2013

NYX Naughty vs. Nice Collection: Gel Liner and Smudger in Jet Black

Gel liner is not something I have had in a while, but I had to try the NYX version!

 
 
This is the NYX Gel Liner & Smudger from the Naughty vs Nice Collection. This liner has two names: Jet Black and Betty. It is described by NYX as a matte black, but it has a lot of sheen, so that is misleading. This retails for $8.
 
 
This comes in a tiny little jar, but you really do not need a lot as this is SO pigmented!
 
 
This is just one tiny scrape of the product smeared out (about 1/4th of my pinky nail). It is super sleek, creamy, and really long wearing and easy to apply on lids. Just use a liner brushed or an eyeshadow brush to use it as a base for an intense smokey eye. This looks like liquid patent leather.
 
 
I am impressed with this liner. It lasted all day long on my lids, looks fierce and shiny, and has a rich color. The double name thing is a bit misleading, as is the matte description, though. The packaging on this was also a little rough and it is slightly expensive for the size and for this brand.
 
Price: 8/10
Performance: 10/10
Color/Wearability: 9/10
Packaging: 8/10
Overall Quality: 9/10

Total: 44/50 = B+ = Pretty Happy Panda
 
There are a few cool other colors in this collection. Have you tried them? What is your favorite medium for liner?
 
 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Gel liner is not for me. I prefer classic eyeliner, especially waterproof. I highly recommend eyeliner by MUFE, it stays on my eye lid not only whole day but even whole night ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! I have always wanted to try MUFE eyeliner, so I guess now I will have to! Thanks!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!