Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Favorite Eye Shadow Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue

Happy Sweet 15 Too Faced!
 
I have seen many bloggers posting their favorite Too Faced products since the company has just turned 15. I have had an off and on relationship with Too Faced. But when I fall back in love, I fall hard!
 
I think my all-time favorite product from them is their Glitter Glue!

 
I used to use UDPP religiously, but I feel, like many others, that they changed their formula and it wasn't working for my eyes anymore. I then moved onto NYX, which still works great, but for really important eye looks (going out, holidays, days I want to really impress) I trust nothing else but Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue. It is a miracle, seriously. For me, at least.
 
 
This is the tackiest eye primer I have every tried, and a little goes a very long way. It is a nude primer, with a thick texture, but it does spread easily. When you put it on your eyelids, there is a slight almost pulling effect as it primes, but that goes away when you put your eyeshadow on. It doesn't bother me. The tackiness lets me know it is doing it's job.
 
 
To show you how it enhances color, the left swatch is a VERY light pat of a Bare Minerals shadow. The right swatch is again, a very light pat of the same color of Glitter Glue. It does what a normal primer does, enhances, but also majorly reduces fallout and keep your shadow in place. It makes glitter application a dream as well. This is great primer to use with Bare Minerals and other loose shadows, Urban Decay, and straight glitter pots.
 
Panda Approved!
 
I trust nothing else for going-out. I know my shadow will stay! What is your favorite eye primer?
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. The only primer I have tried is the Urban Decay. Will have to try the too faced one when I run out of UDPP.
    Great review.
    http://saltygooseberriesandsmellygoats.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!