Monday, April 22, 2013

Khroma Beauty 'Flesh Chair' Nail Polish Review and Swatches

Hello Pandas!
It seems that almost every brand has a polish line (I mean, even Clinique is doing one, are you excited??) But how will polish fare from a hit or miss new brand started by possibly the three wealthiest sisters in America?
Let's find out...
 
 
 

This is a Khroma Beauty nail polish. I found it at Ulta, and if I had to guess, there are about 15 different colors of this polish. I do like the bottle, it is cute and I love the white cap. These retail for about $6.99 and this color is called Flesh Chair. Flesh Chair? Really? That gives me ALL KINDS of bad images. But let us keep positive...

 
This is the end color. A pretty, pink-tinged nude. I actually think it looks gorgeous!
 
But getting to this stage? A nightmare I tell ya.
 
Flesh Chair goes on very streaky and this took three thick coats to even it out. I was really disappointed with the formula. It bubbled too. Sad for such a pretty color!!
 
 
The formula was so terrible. But, there were a few things I liked. Namely, the brush. The brush picked up enough color to do a coat on most of my nails on one hand before having to dip back in, but didn't drip off, it just kinda clung there. Convenient I guess.
 
I also liked that the dry time was fast and it dried to a glossy finish.
 
But the formula...
 
 
Overall, I will not be purchasing another Khroma Colors polish. However, this color is so pretty that I will use this again and suffer to make it work. I might try thinning it or maybe mixing it with something else. I could even try putting glitter in it to franken it and call it Lord Disick. I don't know...anything is better than Flesh Chair.
 
Price: 8/10
Performance: 5/10
Color/Wearability: 10/10
Packaging: 8/10
Overall Quality: 6/10

Total: 27/50 = C = Sad Panda
 
Have you tried this nail polish? What are your tips for making a tricky formula work for you?

 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!