Monday, April 8, 2013

NYX Glam Lipstick Aqua Luxe in Essential

I am a lipstick hoarder. The first step is admitting it right?
 
And since Ulta is having 40 % off of NYX, Revlon, Physicians Formula and Almay this week, you should totally check out what I am about to show you, as the discount knocks the price down on this baby to around $3.

 

This is the new NYX Lipstick in the formula Glam Aqua Luxe in the shade Essential which is a vibrant fuchsia with purple shimmer. This is super sparkly, and is a member of the Aqua Luxe family (those glosses I recently raved about) pair nicely with this. Normally just under $5, this is currently on sale for just under $3.

 
The only thing I am not a fan about with this lipstick is the packaging. It looks cool from the outside to see the strip of color, but it feels too easy to open (I am scared to put this in a purse) and the plastic part looks a little cheap. I know this is bargain makeup, but NYX usually does just fine.
 
 
This color is not for the faint of heart. This is a show stopping color, and when I put it on my lips, I was shocked at how sparkly, shimmery, and fierce it is. If you like glitter, this is for you. Not really work appropriate, so this is a bit frivolous. The wear on this is a good 4 hours, and feels featherlight on the lips, and actually decently moisturizing. It does leave a host of glitter particles behind though, so beware.

 
This is not a thick or goopy lipstick and is fun and easy to wear. I do suggest applying with a lip brush because the glitter migrates outside of lines (or use a liner or primer).
 
 
Overall, this is a really fun addition to a makeup maven's beauty wardrobe. I would not suggest it for everyone, as this is a fun and funky item, but for $3 this week, why not try one? They come in a bunch of different colors, so get your glitter on! Not the best, but something new and different.

Price: 10/10
Performance: 8/10
Color/Wearability: 7/10
Packaging: 7/10
Overall Quality: 8/10

Total: 40/50 = B- = Meh Panda (BUT GLITTER)
 
Have you tried these? They would have fared so much better without the bad packaging. Are you a fan of sparkly, in your face lipsticks, or do you prefer neutrals?

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!