Monday, August 26, 2013

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Native: Swatches and Review

To go with my two new Revolution lipsticks, I picked up the 24/7 Glide-on Lip Pencil in Native ($19).
 
 
Native is a pretty natural light pink to match the Revolution lipstick of the same namesake. The formula of this is not exactly as creamy as the lipstick though. It does glide-on but looks slightly chalky on lips. However, I won't be wearing this alone, and it performs and looks just fine under lipstick.
 
 
This is a pencil you have to sharpen yourself, which doesn't bother me, but since the formula is pretty soft, have a sharpener dedicated to this product or similar colored lip liners.
 
 
This is VERY matte, hence its not exactly the most flattering on lips alone, but I do find the matte formula keeps lipstick on much longer. I think this is a great product and it lends a hint more pigmentation to the 'Native' lipstick, giving me full mod-60's lips. Love it.
 
 
I really want to check out some of the other 24/7 Glide-on pencils, as they perform great. Unless you are getting 'Native' lipstick though, I would pass on this one.
 
 photo panda-sig_zps4a356226.jpg

10 comments:

  1. Margo, looks like you have been doing some shopping at the UD counter haha x

    www.AvneeshnKaren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I definitely don't think it should be worn alone. But like you said, if you have a lipstick to match, it might be worth getting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you should probably only get one if you have a signature lipstick that you wear all the time, otherwise pick up Ozone, the clear version.

      Delete
  3. That's a pretty color pink!! If theses are as awesome as the 24/7 eyeliner pencils, then I'm sure I would love this product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are. Same creamy consistency as the eye pencils!

      Delete
  4. Ohh I like the look of it on its own though.. so modern..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty shade! Does it fit in the UD eye pencil sharpener?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!