Friday, May 24, 2013

Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Black Cherry: Swatches and Review

Hi Pretty Pandas! Milani Color Statement Lipsticks are all the rage right now because they come in a wide range of colors, are cheap at $5.49 a pop, and wear well. I decided to go adventurous and pick up one of the darkest shades!
 
 
Milani Black Cherry looks like a blackened purple in the tube, but don't let the color of the bullet put you off. This is a pretty, deep raspberry shade that is perfect for a glamorous going out look. There is no taste to this lipstick and a very faint sugary smell. It lasts about 3 hours if you prep well. I suspect it would be longer with a lip liner.
 
 
The most interesting thing about this lipstick is how it creates ombre lips without any fuss. Literally one swipe of this and a smush of your lips together and you get this pretty look. Layering the lipstick will further result in true to swatch lips.

 
This is a better example of a little deeper look I achieved with the lipstick. Because the lipstick is so hydrating and a little slippery, the graduated effect almost comes naturally, and I would suggest a lip liner because you can see it feathers ever so slightly (or use a lip brush for more precise application.
 
All in all I feel very vampy when I where this, and I love the look I can get without any crazy mixing or ombre tutorials, which was a hidden surprise. I am happy with my purchase, but I would look carefully for a Color Statement that suits you, as this one might be a bit daunting for some.
 
Which shades of Milani Color Statement have you tried?
 

 photo panda-sig_zps4a356226.jpg

6 comments:

  1. Wow that's a vampy lipstick! I love it on you! It's really pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super vampy!! Thanks you, I am glad you like it, it is one of my new faves!

      Delete
  2. I need to own this... it looks fantastic! Thanks for the review, otherwise I would never have looked twice at Milani. I like their stuff but I don't have any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I never thought much about Milani either, but their lipsticks are great, and this is a color that would look great on you!

      Delete
  3. This one's pure glamour. Very pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!