Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Julep Sugar Smooch Lip Scrub Review

Lip scrubs...probably not the most necessary beauty product to actually buy, as some plain ol' sugar will do the trick, but I couldn't resist picking up this Julep sugar scrub with some Julep points.


This Julep Sugar Smooch scrub is your basic lip softening scrub but housed in a super-chic vanity friendly gold ribbed orb. It is so pretty and clearly 20's inspired if their recent maven boxes are anything to show for it.

 
I have to say, the packaging is so cute, but beyond that, I do have issues with this product. Why? Because it retails for $14. And even for Mavens it is still $12. I got this for free with points, but upon finding out the actual price, I would never, ever pay it!
 
 
Don't get me wrong, this is a good product. It smells amazing, like fresh, hot caramel. Seriously yummy. It does a nice job softening lips as well, but the pot is small and this is something you can easily DIY. The packaging may be cute, but $14 is steep for a lip scrub.
 
Overall thoughts: Glad I have it, but I wouldn't pay more than $6 for it, especially since there are cheaper and larger options out there.
 
Price: 4/10
Performance: 8/10
Color/Wearability: n/a
Packaging: 10/10
Overall Quality: 7/10
 
Total: 29/40 = C- = Sad Panda
 
What do you think? Would you buy it?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!