Friday, May 10, 2013

Aqualillies for Tarte: Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eye and Cheek Palette: Review and Swatches

Hey Pandas! There has been a ton of buzz surrounding the Aqualillies for Tarte line and today I am going to show you the crazy awesome palette. (Thanks brother for getting it for me, he has good taste no?)


 
This is the Aqualillies for Tarte Palette that comes in a large gilded disc with gorgeous blue and orange scales covering it (almost like a mermaid!) and retails for $38. It is bigger than the palm of my hand, quite hefty and holds a lot of product: 6 shadows, one blush, one bronzer, and one luminizer--all waterproof!
 
 
The packaging is stunning and it comes with a doublesided look card to create 2 distinct looks. There is also a huge mirror!
 
 
There is a ton of product in here, and the blush is nearly full sized! The Luminizer (champagne) is a pretty sand/gold color but it quite pigmented so use with caution. Captivating (the blush) is a gorgeous coral/pink. The matte bronzer (fan fave park ave princess) is also included!
 
As far as the shadows, you get: Hammock ( a chocolate brown), Bikini ( a nude dusky pink), Barefoot (classic nude shimmer), Parasol (cream shimmer), Sundeck (matte light brown) and my favorite, Poolside (a stunning turquoise).
 
Anyone travelling that wants all of their products in one place. Also, if you are going to be in a hot climate this summer, I suggest this because all of the products are waterproof! I did not directly test by jumping in my pool, but they do last all day on a muggy day!
 
 
Here are some swatches, but they perform much better on the face. Still, they are pretty pigmented!
 
 
Here are all the shadows swatched together! So pretty, but most are shimmery!
 
 
I love this palette and I am bringing it along with me to Hawaii (44 days until I leave, yay!) and I know it will work it's magic in the Aloha state. Until then, I am having fun playing around with the colors. This is an amazing value and if you see it, I highly recommend picking it up!
 
Price: 9/10
Performance: 10/10
Color/Wearability: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Overall Quality: 10/10
 
Total: 49/50 = A+ = Pandamonium!
 
I am in love with this! A look done with this palette will be coming up shortly!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!