Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Fair Foundation Files: L'Oreal Visible Lift Blur Foundation


Another installation of the Fair Foundation Files! This time I have a drugstore foundation to show you, albeit it is on the higher end of the scale where price is concerned. 

L'Oreal Visible Lift Blur Foundation in Light Ivory

The Lowdown
  • $14.99 for 1.3oz
  • Blurs lines, wrinkles, and uneven texture
  • Anti-Aging benefits of 'Visible Lift' complex
  • Nice range of shades, but not many for darker skin tones (12 shades total)
  • Lightweight
  • Light/medium buildable coverage
Light Ivory

The texture of this is very thin and it does blend easily, but that is mostly because it is full of silicones. You really only need this much (dime size) to cover your face. It is light to medium coverage but can be layered easily.


Here is a swatch of the foundation half blended to show you the texture. It blends nicely but does slip around a bit. Make sure to set with some type of powder for the best results!

L'Oreal Visible Lift Blur Foundation in Light Ivory

Here is the fully blended foundation. It does not oxidize on me and lasts longer than most of my foundations, about 12 hours with only getting slightly oily at around 2pm. A quick blot fixes that up, but I have to blot with any foundation. 

L'Oreal Visible Lift Blur Foundation in Light Ivory

 Here is my face with only the L'Oreal Visible Lift Foundation in Light Ivory on and the L'Oreal Blur Blush on the cheek closest to the camera (review coming soon). 

This works very well with a sponge, which I highly recommend using it to apply!

Verdict:

Likes:
  • Lasts 12 hours without primer
  • Buildable coverage
  • Makes my skin look very airbrushed
  • Sunscreen
  • Doesn't oxidize
  • Didn't break me out

Dislikes:
  • Doesn't give me enough coverage to cover my acne scars, even with layering
  • Smells like fake tanner when you apply
  • Loaded with silicones

Overall: The only real turn off for me with this foundation is the smell. It has that almond-y fake tan smell but that only lasts during application. I was surprised that even with two weeks of use and no primer that it did not break me out even though it has a slick/silicone/primer feel. The shade didn't oxidize and it is definitely now in my foundation rotation!

Are you liking the new L'Oreal Blur line of products?

 photo panda-sig_zps4a356226.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!