Thursday, August 7, 2014

Lorac Pro Brow Pencil in Light Brown: Not The End All Be All

Brows drive me crazy. I admit to being a bit of a novice at lining them/filling them/whatever.
 
I have tried Anastasia Brow Wiz and loved it, but I hated how fast it ran out and that the pencil sometimes broke. I currently use Anastasia Dip Brow and Benefit Gimme Brow.
 
However, I was intrigued by the new Lorac Pro Brow Pencil ($19).
 
Lorac Pro Brow Pencil
 At $2 less than the Anastasia version, I was really excited for this pencil.

One end is the pencil and the other end is a spoolie with a cap, which I also really loved as a feature. This comes in a range of colors: Blonde, Light Brown, Auburn, Brunette, Slate, and Dark Brown.

Lorac Pro Brow Pencil
 This is a twist up pen and it twists very slowly, which I assume is to save product from being wasted. I chose the color Light Brown.

Lorac Pro Brow Pencil

Because of the thin nature of the pen, you can make really precise hair-like strokes, but if you press even a bit too hard, product flakes off and makes little bumps (as you can see above)

Lorac Pro Brow Pencil
Here is what Light Brown looks like on my eyebrows. I like the precision, but I hate the coloring for me. I am growing out my red now and most of my hair is light brown/blonde with some dark red at the ends but it is so unnoticeable. If I were still a red-head, this would be a great color, but it just doesn't work. Okay, I thought, maybe just try the blonde!

But here is why I do not like this product and won't be trying any other colors: Just pressing lightly to fill in one brow broke off a chunk of the product. I can't waste product like that for that much money, so this is going back. That was my same gripe with the Brow Wiz, but even that didn't break as easily.

Sorry Lorac Pro Brow Pencil, you weren't the one.

What are you using on your brows right now?

 
 photo panda-sig_zps4a356226.jpg
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!