- This boasts light to medium coverage and broad spectrum SPF 30.
- Dim the Lights is described as a "warm yellow shade for light skin tones"
- Honestly, the fairest shade Fair Game would probably suit me better, but samples only came in a few shades. I have neutral undertones but this was still a decent match.
- The price is $34 and this is formulated with tamarind, Vitamin C, and marine algae extracts to give skin 8 hours of moisturized wear.
As you can see, it pulls a bit yellow on my skin. bareMinerals suggests using only a pearl size amount, like what you see above, but I used about 7 times that to see any coverage.
The dewy, slightly yellow patch in the picture above is the foundation blended into my skin. This is a dewy finish formula.
This is about a third of my tiny sample tube on my face, and I was still a bit red on my nose and it did not cover my acne on my chin.
But I can't complain much, as it is specifically stated this gives light to medium coverage. Emphasis on LIGHT. It was easy breezy to wear, didn't oxidize, lasted about 7 hours, so overall, pretty close to the claim, and moisturized my skin. My chin and nose got a bit oily throughout the day, but blotting or powder takes care of that.
- The SPF!
- I love the Buxom/bareMinerals brand and trust it won't break me out (and it didn't)
- The added moisture
- The dewy glow
- I still felt uncomfortable with the coverage
- Felt it was a bit too yellow on my skin
Overall: I like this to an awesome tinted moisturizer with SPF, not really a foundation. Maybe almost like a U.S. CC Cream for me. Not much coverage but great skincare benefits, moisture, and a dewy glow. This will be a nice foundation for the weekends, but it is a bit too much moisture and not enough coverage for school and work. But if you have dehydrated skin and not many blemishes, give this a go!