- Used to be very oily, but now is only oily mid-day on my t-zone. Cheeks, chin, forehead are very dry.
- I have fairly sensitive skin (sensitive to lots of fragrance) and my pores clog easily.
- I suffer from monthly breakouts but am currently dealing with some minor acne scarring on my cheeks.
- My skin is very very fair. It used to be darker, with yellower undertones, but I have found lately that my undertones are more neutral.
- I want medium to full coverage foundation.
- I want a foundation that won't break me out.
- It needs to last through my hectic days.
- It should have SPF.
- It needs to not oxidize.
- It needs to be a very close match to my coloring.
Fair is the lightest shade offered and is very, very light with slight pinkish undertones. This is touted to last 8 hours.
I like the newer sliding lid so you can twist it to cover the sifting holes and save from spills. If you are familiar with bareMinerals at all, the typical way to apply is to dip a face brush in the minerals, swirl in the cap, tap the excess off, and buff onto face.
But since I want full coverage, I dip a kabuki brush directly into the minerals and then buff on my face. This gives fully coverage and in my opinion, is less wasteful of product if you were to tap off the excess.
This is a swatch on my hand, and as you can see, it is a few shades lighter than my skin tone here. It has a luminous finish and is incredibly forgiving and buildable.
Please forgive this picture--- but I am ONLY wearing bareMinerals foundation in Fair. No eyebrows, no mascara, no lippies, no concealer except for bringing the powder up under my eyes. Hopefully you can get a feel for how this covers and my skin tone.
I feel this is a nice match for my skin tone, even though it is the lightest foundation I own. Definitely looks better on my than Fairly Light, but is a smidge too pinky.
- Is breathable and I know it won't irritate my skin.
- Fragrance free.
- Easy and quick to apply- very forgiving.
- Gives skin a dewy glow.
- A bit too fair/pinky
- Lasts only about 6 hours, not 8, before it starts to fade.
- Powder is hard to mix with cream blushes, etc.
- Does not cover my acne scars fully.
I'm torn on this, but overall, I would suggest it for someone with very good skin already and who wants to keep it that way. This foundation is my old standby and I know it won't disappoint. Be prepared to blot midday, even if you have drier skin like mine. I have definitely found my weekend foundation for when i want a low-maintenance look--but it didn't quite hit all my criteria.
Join me next time for more on my foundation search!