Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Mariah Carey for OPI

I happen to not be a Mariah fan (don't kill me!) but I think she is a decent person, and as a beauty blogger, what I was really interested in was all the fuss about this new liquid sand technology.

There are a ton of pretty creams in the line, but if you want to try out all the new liquid sand colors, grab the mini boxed set for $12.50 at Ulta. All four colors are pretty!


OPI says Liquid Sand "dried to a textured matte finish infused with reflective glints of light" and to not use top coat in order to get the full effect. I think it is really cool, like nail art with much less effort. I am guessing this will be the new "caviar" manicure of 2013.


I think this set has a great range of shades!

From left to right (in the box):

Get Your Number: a mid-toned ocean blue with silver, blue, and pink glitter.

Can't Let Go: A royal purple with flecks of lilac.

The Impossible: A pink with star glitter! As you can see, I didn't get any in my swatch, they are very sparse in the bottle.

Stay the Night: My favorite of the bunch. Looks like molten lava! Black base with red glitter.

 
Here they are swatched with flash in reverse order. These take a while to dry (as you can tell by my smudged ring finger) but the effect is worth it! It was hard to not put a top coat on, but I promise everyone will be commenting on your nails!

Final Thoughts: This Liquid Sand this is a cool trend. Better than shatter! And these colors are unique enough to pull it off.

Price:  9/10

Staying Power: 9/10

Packaging: 9/10

Color/Wearability: 10/10

Quality/Branding: 10/10
 
Total: 47/50 = A = Happy Panda!
 
Do you love Mariah? OPI? Liquid Sand?
 
xoxo PrettyPanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!