Thursday, January 31, 2013

L'ORÉAL Magic Lumi Primer: Quick Review

I have been searching for a good primer for a while now...
 
But a good primer is hard to find. I have been using my moisturizer (Philosophy's Hope in a Jar) as a stand in as it is tacky enough for my foundation to stick to it, but I want a real primer, ya know?
 
 
 
 
L'ORÉAL's Magic Lumi primer is a light infused primer that is supposed to give a subtle glow to your skin. It retails for around $12, but luckily I picked it up in a buy one, get one 50% off sale...you will soon see why.
 
 
I was pretty impressed with the packaging at first: sleek, portable, classy...but when I went to test it, all of my happiness jumped out of the window. It came out like water! Sparkly water, but water nonetheless. I tried shaking it, squirting more out, tipping it upside down...and all that happened was more water and some gross, lumpy, separated primer. Eww.
 
After doing some research, I found that a lot of other people had the same problem. I don't know if it has a short shelf life, or if it was just a bad batch, but it was unusable and I wasn't the only victim. I am really sad about it, but this was just one big fail!
 
 
Save your money and spend it on a different primer. Also, don't make impulse buys!
 
Price: 8/10

Performance: 0/10

Color/Wearability: 0/10

Packaging: 10/10

Overall Quality: 0/10
 
Total: 18/50 = F! = Sobbing Panda
 
What do you think? Tried this primer? Had the same problem? Sound off!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!