Thursday, August 13, 2015

Art History & Nails: St. Mark's The Spot from the OPI Venice Collection

It is almost the weekend, are you ready?
 
This Thursday (night) brings the return of my Art History & Nails series! You may have seen the collection at your local Ulta, but in case you haven't, OPI has released a gorgeous new collection for Fall inspired by Venice
I have picked up a few shades and plan on getting a few more, but the one I want to show you today is one of the limited edition shades. I am not sure exactly what that means in OPI world...but I did notice my Ulta display only had 3 each of the limited shades and 8 each of the other shades. They aren't more expensive or anything but if you want this shade, I suggest you hurry!
 
*(Update as of editing this post right before posting my Ulta sold out of this shade. RUN)*
OPI Venice St. Mark's The Spot
This shade is very difficult to capture, so many of my pictures will have flash. This is OPI's St. Mark's The Spot ($9.50). It is a beautiful royal blue shimmer and it definitely needs two coats to get the perfect depth and richness. Dry time is average and I can get 6 days with minimum tip wear.
 
OPI Venice St. Mark's The Spot
 
Now, having been to the Piazza San Marco (just the fancy Italian way of saying St. Mark's Square), I can say that this blue not only reminds me of the brilliant sky above the square but also of the water that floods in when the tide is high, and the beautiful lapis found in the church and the Doge's palace, which border the square.
 
 
This picture is from my Venice trip. Isn't the sky pretty? I spent a lot of time in this piazza and have many fond memories and stories, including eating some of the best gelato of my life while looking at this view. 
 
OPI Venice St. Mark's The Spot
 
This is a picture of the polish without flash. The shimmer isn't as apparent but it is still gorgeous!
While not a complete Art History lesson with this particular post, Venice is a beautiful place full of art and culture and I am very glad to have had the opportunity to visit as well as glad that OPI has made a collection that is giving me such warm and fuzzy feelings while still being so on trend for Fall.
What do you think of this color? Will you be picking up any of the shades from this collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!