Friday, May 22, 2015

Baby Now We've Got Bad Blood

I have mixed feelings about Ms. Swift. It is a long, complicated, boring story. But what I DO like is the awesome film noir, black and white, gorgeous makeup looks in her new music video for the song 'Bad Blood', so I wanted to create my own 'persona' to join in the fun.

Naturally, my superhero name is PrettyPanda, and I wield concealer and red lipstick. If you like T Swift or even this idea, I challenge you to make up your own. It's nothing but a few basic Photoshop tricks. (I stress the word basic, my skills are so sub-par)

Taylor Swift Bad Blood Makeup

For the eye, I decided to do a very graphic liner that almost covers my whole lid. Any funky black liner would work though, a double or triple line would be cool too! I also did a lower line with an inverted wing.

Taylor Swift Bad Blood Makeup

The key to this look is a strong, dark brow, the graphic liner, and a clean base. I didn't use any blush and instead lightly contoured with bronzer. You can tone down this look and make it less editorial with a lighter brow and a slightly thicker cat-eye than normal (I wear a cat eye everyday. If you don't wear a cat eye, even trying one can be fun and new!)

Taylor Swift Bad Blood Makeup
I also think that a glossy lip works better here than a matte. Since my eye look is very black matte, I thought the glossy texture was a fun addition. Alternatively you could do a vampy matte red lip and a vinyl eyeliner look!

This look isn't so much dependent on specific products, but more how you use them.

1. Prime your eyes. Draw a rough outline of a thick cat eye with black liner (I used Rimmel Scandaleyes in Black). Fill it in, but don't worry, you will refine it later!

2. Fill in your brows! I used the Espresso shade from the Lorac Pro Palette.

3. Prime for your base and use your favorite foundation. I preferred a matte one for this look so used the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation and set with Rimmel Stay Matte powder.

4. Conceal blemishes and dark circles because the dark eyeliner will bring out shadows! I used IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under eye Concealer.

5. Contour lightly under the cheek. I used Too Faced Sun Bunny bronzer.

6. Head back to your eyes. Define the edge of the cay eye with liquid liner. I used NYX Matte Liquid Liner. 

7. Mascara! I used L'Oreal Miss Manga because it is so messy but when your eyes are covered in black, mascara smudges don't matter! (Blogger logic).

8. Gloss those lips with a red gloss or liquid lipstick. I used L'Oreal Extraordinaire by Colour Riche in Scarlet Concerto.

9. Embrace your inner femme fatale!

I hope you liked my corny look/post! Have a great day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!