Sunday, March 15, 2015

Cinderella x MAC Free As A Butterfly Lipstick and Cinderella FOTD

Image Source



I will be the first to admit that Cinderella is not my favorite princess, but I have been beyond excited to see the new Cinderella movie for months now. It may have to do with a combination of things: the impeccable Lily James, Kenneth Branagh directing, Helena Bonham Carter as the fairy godmother...my British-loving heart soars! But the promised beauty of the whole movie---from the costumes to the makeup also made me eager to see it. 
 
I am not a huge fan of MAC right now, especially their limited edition collections. It seems they pump out too many and the quality is never there, but I caved for the Cinderella collection. With a gift card I was able to snag only one lipstick, as most things had sold out by the time I got around to ordering. It is mostly a collectors' item for me, but this post will be a review of the lipstick (probably not useful since I am not sure where you can get it, but maybe fun?) and the FOTD that I wore to go see the movie this afternoon!
MAC Cinderella Free As A Butterfly lipstick
The lipstick I got is 'Free As A Butterfly', which honestly, as a name, confused the heck out of me. But if you see the movie, it becomes more apparent. There are butterflies everywhere! It was $17.50, and comes in a gorgeous pale blue/purple shift tube with the gold Cinderella logo. Free As A Butterfly is a nude/champagne glitter.

Gorgeous right? But as I feared, it isn't very pigmented. This makes a good topper to another lip look because it settles into my lip lines when worn alone and almost gives me zombie-lips. But the nice, typical vanilla-MAC scent and the comfortable wear make me wanna swipe it on anyway, even if it will settle in ten minutes' time.


It isn't the most horrible lip look, especially not from far away, but it may not be your cup of tea on it's own. However, I will cherish it because my mom's favorite princess is Cinderella and anything Cinderella reminds me of her. Naturally, she was my date to the movie!

To prepare for this momentous occasion, I had to do a FOTD (which the lovely ticketing girl noticed. WIN). I was inspired by the promo images and the image I put at the beginning of this post---that dress!


I went with blue eyes, peachy cheeks, and of course, Free As A Butterfly on the lips.

Cinderella FOTD

Below are the products I used:

From left to right:

Benefit Roller Lash: Jury is still out on this one. Review coming soon!
NYX Tinted Brow Mascara in Blonde: A lovely, basic tinted mousse.
Bare Minerals Morning Glow loose shadow: I used this as a highlight on my eyes. It is a pearlized pink shimmer and gave just the right amount of sparkle.
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk: To prime and make the baby blue color pop.
Clinique Clubby Stick in Big Blue: Washed over the lid.
Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Khol Liner in Light Blue: Used on lower lash line.
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics colour pencil in Pool Boy: Also on lower lash line to pop the edge of the black liner.
MAC Free As A Butterfly lipstick: One light wash on lips.
Sleek Makeup blush in Rose Gold: On cheeks
I also used a L'Oreal black felt tip liner and IT Cosmetics foundation and concealer (not pictured).

Have you seen the movie? I highly suggest it! I might try to recreate some of the looks. The stepsisters' looks were crazy awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!