Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Benefit Roller Lash: Review

Hey everyone! I know you guys have been waiting for my thoughts on Benefit's Roller Lash!

 Let us start with these 'claims'. 

For $24 you get a mascara that supposedly "lifts and super curls lashes", "holds curl for 12 hours" and "removes easily". It has a special hook and lift brush that mimics those old school hair rollers. The packaging is really cute...but am I smitten?


The brush is probably the coolest part of the product. It has a slight curve to it, but it is a small brush, with longer, wider spaced brushes on one side, and shorter, denser ones on the other. This design makes it easy to do lower lashes and it is definitely not as spiky as 'They're Real', so it doesn't hurt your eyes. I do think the brush shape helps lift the lashes well.

Benefit Roller Lash
Roller Lash gives great definition and I do believe it helps hold a curl. But please...it does not work miracles. I have seen reviews out there of people saying it transformed their stick straight lashes into curly wonders WITHOUT an eyelash curler. That is not what this mascara claims to do. It just helps to hold the curl and I do feel it does, but when I tried it without my lash curler, I did not get results. The curl does fall a bit over the day, but that could just be my lashes.

Benefit Roller Lash
 The formula is a good consistency and very black, which I like. Because the wand is smaller, I am able to control it better and get the results I want. I do not have any flaking or smudging and it does remove easily. 

Here are my lashes with an extra coat (beware, it can get clumpy after one) and at the end of the day. There is still good lift, but don't expect this mascara to do it all. Definition and lift, but no real volume here.

Overall, I am happy with Roller Lash. It does what it says if you ignore the crazy language of 'super curl', is comfortable to wear, and easy to apply. Is this going to free you from your lash curler? No way. Is this the mascara of your dreams? Probably not. Hey, I am just being honest. I won't over-hype something. I am satisfied, but not jumping up and down. 

What do you think? Will you be lifting your lashes with Roller Girl?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!