#sorrynotsorry: 5 Beauty Things I Am NOT Apologizing For!
So, I have been seeing this tag a lot on Instagram and the Blog world, but Liesl's post at Liesl Loves Pretty Things convinced me to do this. And I encourage you to do it as well. I tag all of you to be #sorrynotsorry!!
So here are the 5 beauty related things I am definitely not apologizing for this year!
1. Selfies. This is on a lot of the lists I have seen, and I try and take selfies very rarely because I don't want to annoy anyone. And when I do post them, I feel self-conscious and shallow. But you know what? All of us really need to embrace our inner beauty and soak in the compliments---and pass them on when someone else posts a selfie. Let's empower each other. Selfies aren't selfish, they are self-expression!
2. Buying more makeup. Yes, I have drawers full of the stuff. I don't need another lipstick, but blogging is my hobby and something that makes me happy and if picking up another eyeshadow is a part of that, then okay! I am not going to be sorry about it! Am I going to try and cut back---yes, but life is too short to not make yourself happy within means.
3. Breaking makeup rules. Most of us that blog do this anyway, but people who don't love makeup and nails as much as we do sometimes say hurtful things or criticize when I wear vampy lipstick during the day or I work in blue eye shadow into a look. I resolve to stop caring and keep experimenting. There are no rules to makeup!
4. Not tanning. Embracing your natural skin tone is beautiful and just because I live in California and stick out among the fake-bronzed girls, I won't harm my skin by sitting in a tanning bed or lying out without sunscreen. Nope! Sorrynotsorry.
5. Not over-plucking. Yes, I tweeze my eyebrows a little bit, but its good to go with the natural shape of your brows! Don't worry so much. And on that note, I refuse to shave the hair on my arms. I don't get that phenomenon, and I won't be sorry that I have hair on my arms.