Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Revlon Highlighting Palette in Rose Glow: Review and Swatches

I was gifted this little palette by my mom, who thought it looked just like a Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick...but was about $30 less at only $10.99. Score.
I do not buy many Revlon cosmetics, and usually shimmer and pink and highlighter all together make me want to run and hide, but I gave it a shot.

Here are all the shades swatched individually. I like how there is a definite highlight, three blush colors, and a contour if you want to use them separately. This shot was taken without flash.


(With flash) Some are more shimmery than others, and all kick up quite a bit of dust, which I don't mind...they blend smoothly on the cheeks but do pack a lot of pigment if you can get past the shimmer. I also use these as shadows and they work lovely that way.

However, the showstopper for me was blending all of the shades together. You get a true rose gold glow and it is seriously gorgeous!


For this look on my cheeks, I used all the colors swirled together on the apple of my cheek, the darkest shade as a light contour along my cheekbones and a touch of the cream shade on the top of my cheek. Yes, the shimmer does emphasize my already large pores but I am over it. You only notice it if you get close!

Overall, Revlon Highlighting Palette in Rose Glow turned out to be a product I didn't know I needed/could make so many uses out of! If you like a lot of glow and shimmer, this is a three in one product that will lead you into summer.

 photo panda-sig_zps4a356226.jpg

10 comments:

  1. I think that is gorgeous!!! I have seen these in the store and thought about picking this one up because it also looks like it could be a good dupe for the Dior Amber diamond and Rose diamonds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't have that 'wow' factor on the shelf, and I always previously passed it by, but you should check it out!

      Delete
  2. Those rose gold colors are very pretty! I agree, I can also the true rose gold glow when you blended the shades together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this too and surprisingly like it as well haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when I tried this Tracy! I was really surprised at it as well!

      Delete
  4. it looks really pretty on you . love the color ! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I picked this up a short time ago as well and surprised myself with how much I liked it! Looks gorgeous on you

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking of buying it. Waited for good reviews. :) Thanks for this post dear. It looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!