Sunday, August 19, 2012

Maybelline Great Lash: Clear

Hey guys!

I am not a fan of Maybelline 'Great-Lash' mascara in general. I used to use it, and only bought it a few months ago because of the LE packaging. I don't think it does anything for lashes, and the formula is too wet.

But I wanted to try out 'Great Lash' clear, for a few reasons.


This retails for about $6 and I got it on Ulta.com. I haven't run into many clear mascaras at the stores themselves.


I am still a sucker for their green and pink packaging, but that is besides the point.


The brush is pretty much the same as the other versions, but why is mine so bubbly! I feel a little jipped on product.


I wanted this because I want something to define my lashes while on summer vacation...when I will be swimming and surfing and snorkling like a mad woman. I hate waterproof mascara, so this seemed to be a little something to give me a polished look.

I also wanted a multi-tasker to tame my brows. I have been using Anastasia brow gel, but it gives this weird film on my brows that I hate. So I'm over that.

Final Thoughts: It does the job. Brows tames, lashes defined. Nothing special, nothing bad.

Price: 9/10
Staying Power: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Color/Wearability: N/A
Quality/Branding: 7/10

Total: 35/40 = B + = Happy Panda.

Do you know of any other clear mascaras/brow gels that don't leave a yucky film?

xo PrettyPanda

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post! Does this wash off with water? I hate having to spend forever getting mascara off my lashes without pulling them out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!