Sunday, August 19, 2012

Maybelline Great Lash: Clear

Hey guys!

I am not a fan of Maybelline 'Great-Lash' mascara in general. I used to use it, and only bought it a few months ago because of the LE packaging. I don't think it does anything for lashes, and the formula is too wet.

But I wanted to try out 'Great Lash' clear, for a few reasons.


This retails for about $6 and I got it on Ulta.com. I haven't run into many clear mascaras at the stores themselves.


I am still a sucker for their green and pink packaging, but that is besides the point.


The brush is pretty much the same as the other versions, but why is mine so bubbly! I feel a little jipped on product.


I wanted this because I want something to define my lashes while on summer vacation...when I will be swimming and surfing and snorkling like a mad woman. I hate waterproof mascara, so this seemed to be a little something to give me a polished look.

I also wanted a multi-tasker to tame my brows. I have been using Anastasia brow gel, but it gives this weird film on my brows that I hate. So I'm over that.

Final Thoughts: It does the job. Brows tames, lashes defined. Nothing special, nothing bad.

Price: 9/10
Staying Power: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Color/Wearability: N/A
Quality/Branding: 7/10

Total: 35/40 = B + = Happy Panda.

Do you know of any other clear mascaras/brow gels that don't leave a yucky film?

xo PrettyPanda

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post! Does this wash off with water? I hate having to spend forever getting mascara off my lashes without pulling them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does wash off with water!!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!