Monday, August 27, 2012

Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish

I know there have been a lot of nail posts lately, but I have a lot of bottles I need to swatch....

 
Maybelline Color Show nail lacquer is a highly buzzed about line at drugstores right now. I can see why, the bottles are cute and the colors are fresh. They are reasonably prices at just under $3 and by a company a lot of people like. I am not the biggest fan of Maybelline, but for the sake of beauty blogging, I was curious to try these out.
 
 
I picked up two colors, "Impeccable Greys" and "Carbon Frost" which is a 'Shredded' polish. Pretty basic. And I need a new grey, so it worked for me at the moment.
 
 
The grey is a dark jelly, a little streaky with one coat and the brush was kinda wonky and frayed, which makes me mad. I don't like to have to reshape/snip bristles. They should work well. The formula is on the watery side.
 
 
This is two coats of 'Impeccable Greys' on my hand. Nice dark grey jelly. Simple but chic.
 
What do I think of 'Carbon Frost'? Keep reading to see!
 



 
To be honest, I wasn't expecting much from this new-named shatter polish. But it neither wows nor dissapoints. I don't like that the shatter effect is very small. But I DO like that the finish is leathery, like it literally has the look of a motor-jacket. Edgy and cool.
 
 
It is hard to see in the picture, but the shatter is not really defined (half because it is over dark grey and half because it kinda sucks) but I do love the not quite matte finish. So this comes up neutral for me in the end.
 
Final Thoughts: Decent polish, but these two are dupeable and nothing that 'wowed' me.
 
Price: 9/10
Staying Power: 9/10
Packaging: 9/10
Color/Wearability: 8/10
Quality/Branding: 7/10  
 
Total: 42/50 = B = Panda is Meh.
 
Have you tried other colors from this line? Love 'em or leave 'em?
 
xoxo PrettyPanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!