Thursday, July 31, 2014

Eye Looks with Coastal Scents Hot Pots

After testing for wear on all 12 colors, I created 4 eye looks with different colors from the hot pots I picked up.


The first look uses Canary Gold on the inner corner blended with Raisin Berry on the outer corner. I blended with Chamois Nude to highlight the middle of the eye.

This look lasted through an 8 hour workday in the current California heatwave with no issues. I did use UD primer.


This next eye look incorporates all of the blues. Please excuse my pinky allergy eyes---this photo was taken after a 10 hour work day! The inner corner is Gypsy Blue and then blended with Elven and Mazarine Blue.


To create this look I used Parisian Green in the crease and outer corner and St. Topaz in the inner corner and along my bottom lash line. Held up well for a full day, but as you can see the shadow migrated a bit on the lower lash line. 


This final look is a mixture of Bungalow Gold in the inner corner blended with Chocolate Cherry on the outer corner and blended with Victorian Pear with Flesh Tone to highlight. I liked wearing this look a lot and it held up for 11+ hours before I took it off.

Overall Verdict: I saw no wear issues with these particular Coastal Scents hot pots. Just use a good primer! I found that many of the colors will sheer out when you blend, so I like to keep layering and packing the color on with a denser eye brush and doing minimal blending. The golds did not have this problem.
The blues also tended to stain just a teeny tiny bit!

What shades you need:

Gypsy Blue: Really easy to work with and an easy to wear blue but still unique.
Chocolate Cherry: Much more pigmented than Raisin Berry
Flesh Tone: a wonderful highlight
Canary Gold: So vibrant and creamy
Parisian Green: Very very opaque!

Elven Blue and Mazarine Blue are colors I think you could find in better formulas in other brands. St. Topaz and Bungalow Gold, as well as Victorian Pear and Chamois Nude are very dupeable and Raisin Berry just isn't as impressive as the others. 

 photo panda-sig_zps4a356226.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it!